This Africafertilizer.org’s publication is a paper on Technical Working Group members training programme on fertilizer statistics in Mozambique.
The following topics were presented and discussed by the participants:
- The initiative AfricaFertilizer.org and its partners (objectives, websites, databases)
- A review of the fertilizer sector in Africa
- Definitions, types, classifications and conversion of nutrients in fertilizers
- The “hard data” – Statistical data (production, trade, consumption and prices) used by CountrySTAT, FAO and IFA
- The “soft data” – Fertilizer policy and market development indicators used in the annual questionnaire of NEPAD
- The presentation of several case studies
The trainers used the material developed in 2012 and finalized in Nairobi in March 2012: the Training Manual on fertilizer statistics in Africa; a series of presentations corresponding to 5 chapters of the manual; questionnaires and surveys used by FAO, NEPAD and IFA; and some fertilizers statistics collected from participating countries.
Author Name: AFO
Publication Date: 07-2012